In our most recent blog post, we discussed 5 of the most common chiropractic care misconceptions. As a trusted Trinity chiropractic care specialist, Beyond Bones Chiropractic & Wellness, we want to make sure you know the truth about chiropractic care and how much it can truly help you. This week, we’re back with 5 more common misconceptions.
- Children don’t need chiropractic care. Although it is true that children’s bodies are more flexible and heal more quickly than an adult, children still need to be checked by a chiropractic doctor regularly to ensure that their bodies are developing correctly.
- Chiropractic services aren’t covered by your insurance. False! Most insurance plans (including Medicare) include chiropractic benefits. Insurance companies have statistically quantified the cost of preventive healthcare vs drugs and surgery.
- Chiropractic doctors don’t have as much schooling as medical doctors. Actually, a degree in chiropractic requires 2,887 education class hours while a medical doctor requires 2,756 hours.
- Prescription medicine and over-the-counter drugs are safe. Adverse reactions to correctly prescribed drugs are the 3rd leading cause of death in America. Chiropractic care offers a safe, drug-free alternative to many of the symptoms often treated by medication.
- Chiropractic treatment rarely works. Millions of people have experienced great results from regular chiropractic treatment. Some of these include: Tiger Woods, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Lance Armstrong, Emmit Smith and many others.
If you would like to see how chiropractic treatment may help with your specific condition, schedule an appointment with us today by calling 727-376-2024! We’re here to help!