The chances are good that you are well aware that neck and back pain our all too common problems in our world. And you are also aware that many Trinity residents rely on chiropractic care for their back woes. But what you are probably unfamiliar with are key facts about the chiropractic profession. Here are a few facts for you to ponder as you mull whether or not to visit your chiropractor for that back pain.
- There are around 10,000 chiropractic students studying at 18 nationally accredited chiropractic doctoral graduate programs across our nation. We see about 2,500 Doctors of Chiropractic enter our workforce every five years.
- Chiropractors are utilized by all 32 National Football League teams for optimizing player endurance, functionality and conditioning. They are also utilized in treatment of injuries including back and neck pain, strains to muscles and whiplash type injuries.
- Chiropractors treat over 26 million Americans each year, and this number is sure to continue to rise.
- When a patient’s first point of contact after a back injury is a chiropractor, they are 28 percent less likely to need spinal surgery than if their first point of contact was an MD.
- Chiropractors outperform all other treatments for back pain including yoga, massage, prescription medications and over-the-counter treatments.
- Nearly 30 percent of the nation’s population over the age of 18 has utilized chiropractic treatment at some point in their lives.
- Twenty percent of our military personnel are medical discharged due to back pain every year.
We hope you have enjoyed these eye-opening statistics. Check back from time to time for more interesting facts about chiropractors and chiropractic treatments.